Prof. Kai Xin Chen received B. Sci. in physics from the Sichuan Normal University, Nan Chong, China, in 1994, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degree in physics and electrical engineering from the Jilin University, Chang Chun, China, in 1999 and 2002, respectively. From 2002 to 2009, he worked for the Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC), the City University of Hong Kong, as a Senior Research Assistant/Research Fellow. In March, 2009, he joined the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, China, where he is currently a Professor. He holds two patents and has published over 100 papers in journals and conference proceedings. His current research interests include the passive and active integrated optical waveguide devices for communication, sensing, and microwave photonics. He is a member of the OSA and the IEEE.
Outstanding Teaching Award – UESTC, 2015
Outstanding Teaching Award – UESTC, 2016
Outstanding Teaching Award – UESTC, 2018
SELECTED JOURNAL PAPERS
1. Qian Qian Song, Zhe Feng Hu, and Kai Xin Chen, “Low-power total internal reflection thermo-optic switch based on hybrid SiON-polymer X-junction waveguides,”Appl. Opt., Vol. 57, No. 33, 9809-9813, Nov. 2018.
2. Mengruo Zhang, Wei Ai, Kaixin Chen , Wei Jin, and Kin Seng Chiang , “A lithium-niobate waveguide directional coupler for switchable mode multiplexing,”IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 30, No. 20, 1764-1767, October 15, 2018.
3. Xue Peng Li, Kai Xin Chen, and Zhe Feng Hu, “Compact and electro-optic tunable interleaver in lithium niobate thin film,” Opt. Lett., Vol.43, No.5, 3610–3613, 2018.
4. Wei Ke Zhao, Jing Feng, Kai Xin Chen, and Kin Seng Chiang, “Reconfigurable broadband mode (de)multiplexer based on an integrated thermally induced long-period grating and asymmetric Y-junction,” Opt. Lett.，Vol.43, No.9, 2082–2085, 2018.
5. Xue Peng Li, Kai Xin Chen, and Zhe Feng Hu, “Low-loss bent channel waveguides in lithium niobate thin film by proton exchange and dry etching,” Opt. Mater. Express, Vol.8, No.5, 1322–1327, 2018.
6. Qian Qian Song, Zhe Feng Hu, and Kaixin Chen, “Scalable and reconfigurable true time delay line based on an ultra-low-loss silica waveguide,”Appl. Opt., Vol.57, No. 16, 4434-4439, 2018.
7. Xing Zhuang Zi, Lingfang Wang, Kaixin Chen, and Kin Seng Chiang, “Mode-Selective Switch Based on Thermo-Optic Asymmetric Directional Coupler,” IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol. 30, No.7, 618-1621, 2018.
8. Hangli Wang, Xuepeng Li, Mengruo Zhang, and Kaixin Chen, “Broadband 2 × 2 lithium niobate electro-optic switch based on a Mach–Zehnder interferometer with counter-tapered directional couplers,”Appl. Opt., Vol.56, No. 29, 8164-8168, 2017.
9. Wei Ke Zhao, Kai Xin Chen, Jie Yun Wu, and Kin-Seng Chiang, “Horizontal Directional Coupler Formed with Waveguides of Different Heights for Mode-division Multiplexing,” IEEE Photonics. Journal, Vol. 9, No. 5, Art. No. 6601509, Oct. 2017.
10. Wen Wang, Jie Yun Wu, Kai Xin Chen, Wei Jin, and Kin-Seng Chiang, “Ultra-broadband mode converters based on length-apodized long-period waveguide gratings,” Optics Express, Vol. 25, No.13, 14341-114350, 2017.
11. Mengruo Zhang, Kaixin Chen, Wei Jin, and Kin Seng Chiang, “Electro-optic mode switch based on lithium-niobate Mach–Zehnder interferometer.” Appl. Opt., Vol.55, No. 16, 4418-4422, 2016.
12. Lingfang Wang, Qianqian Song, Jieyun Wu, and Kaixin Chen, “Low power variable optical attenuator based on a hybrid SiON-Polymer S-bend waveguide,” Appl. Opt., Vol.55, No. 5, 969-973, 2016.
13. Yu Yang, Kai Xin Chen, Wei Jin，and Kin Seng Chiang, “Widely wavelength-tunable mode converter based on polymer waveguide grating,” IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., 27, 1985-1988, 2015.
14. Kai Xin Chen, Xue Peng Li, Yan Lin Zheng, and Kin Seng Chiang, “Lithium-Niobate Mach-Zehnder Interferometer With Enhanced Index Contrast by SiO2 Film,” IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., 27, 1224-1227, 2015.
15. 张梦若，陈开鑫, “一种简单精准的渐变折射率分布光波导分析方法,” 物理学报，64，144205,2015.
16. Jia Hong Zhang, Fu Shen Chen, Bao Sun, Kai Xin Chen, and Cheng Xin Li, “3D Integrated Optical E-Field Sensor for Lightning Electromagnetic Impulse Measurement,” IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., 26, 2353-2356, 2014.
17. Jia Hong Zhang, Fu Shen Chen, Bao Sun, and Kai Xin Chen, “Nanosecond transient electric field measurement system using an integrated electro-optic sensor,” Optical Engineering, 53, 117101, 2014.
18. Kaixin Chen, Hau Ping Chan, and Wai Ying Chan, “Design and Fabrication of a Polarization Independent Tunable Interleaver”, IEEE/OSA J. Lightwave Technol., Vol. 31, No. 23, December 1, 3694-3699, 2013.
19. Jin Xing Li and Kaixin Chen，“An Interleaver with Arbitrary Passband Width Ratio Based on Hybrid Structure of Microring and Mach-Zehnder Interferometer”，IEEE/OSA J. Lightwave Technol., Vol. 31, No. 10, May 15, 1538-1543, 2013.
20. Kaixin Chen, Bao Sun, Fushen Chen, Zhefeng Hu, and Yongsheng Cao，“Lithium Niobate Photonic Sensor for Measurement of Pulsed Electric Field with Nanosecond Risetime”，Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 2, February, 421-423, 2012.
21. Kaixin Chen, H. P. Chan, “Silicon Oxynitride Optical Waveguide Ring Resonator Utilizing Two-Mode Interferometer structure”, International Journal of Photoenergy, Vol. 2012, ID496267, 5 pages，2012.
22. Kaixin Chen, H. P. Chan, F. S. Chen, W. Y. Chan, “Realization of polymer based polarization insensitive interleaver using multi-layer waveguide structure”, IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol.23, No.16, 1154-1156, Aug., 2011.
23. Kaixin Chen, H. P. Chan, F. S. Chen, W. Y. Chan, and B. Sun, “An accurate analysis for two-mode interferometer based Mach-Zehnder interferometers interleaver”, Opt. Commun., 283, 4639-4644, 2010.
24. Wai Ying Chan, Kai Xin Chen, Hau Ping Chan, , Bishnu P. Pal and R.K. Varshney, “A flattop PLC polymer waveguide interleaver based on folded two-stage-cascaded Y-junction Mach–Zehnder interferometers”, Opt. Commun., Vol.282, 883-886, 2009.
25. Kaixin Chen, Kin Seng Chiang, Hau Ping Chan, “Broadband Multi-port Dynamic Optical Power Distributor Based on Thermo-optic Polymer Waveguide Vertical Couplers”, IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., Vol.20, No.4, 273-275, Feb., 2008.
26. Kaixin Chen, Kin Seng Chiang, Hau Ping Chan and Pak Lim Chu, “Growth of C-Axis Orientation ZnO Films on Polymer Substrates by Radio-Frequency Magnetron Sputtering”, Opt. Mater, Vol.30, No.8, 1244-1250, 2008.
27. Kaixin Chen, Pak. Lim. Chu, Hau Ping Chan and Kin. Seng. Chiang, “Three-dimensional broadband polymer optical waveguide switch matrix ”, Appl. Opt., Vol.46, No.33, 8188-8192, 2007.
28. Kaixin Chen, Pak. L. Chu, Hau Ping Chan and K. S. Chiang, “An Easily Operating Polymer 1´4 Optical Waveguide Switch Matrix Based on Vertical Couplers ”, Chin. Phys. Lett., Vol.24, No.6, 1728-1730, 2007.
29. Kaixin Chen, Pak. L. Chu, K. S. Chiang and H. P. Chan, “Design and Fabrication of a Broadband Polymer Vertically-Coupled Optical Switch ”, IEEE/OSA J. Lightwave Technol., 24 (2): 904-911 FEB 2006.
30. Kaixin Chen, Pak. L. Chu and H. P. Chan, “A vertically coupled polymer optical waveguide switch ”, Opt. Commun., 244, 153-158, 2005.
31. Kaixin Chen, Pak. L. Chu, K. S. Chiang and H. P. Chan, “Design and fabrication of a three dimensional polymer optical waveguide polarization splitter ”, Opt. Commun., Vol.250, pp.297-301, 2005.
32. Kai Xin Chen, HanYang, Hong Bo Zhang, Yu Zhao, Mao Bin Yi, “Sampling high-frequency signals using a poled-polymer asymmetric Fabry-perot microcavity as an electro-optic probe tip”, Appl. Phys. B, Vol.74,363-366, 2002.
33. Kaixin Chen, Hongbo Zhang, Daming Zhang, Han Yang, Maobin Yi,“External electro-optic sampling utilizing a poled polymer asymmetric Fabry-Perot cavity as an electro-optical probe tip” Optic & laser technology, Vol. 34, 449-452. 2002.
34. Chen Kai-xin, Yang Han, Zhang Hong-bo, Zhang Da-ming, Yi Mao-bin,“External Electro-optic Sampling Utilizing an Asymmetric Febry-Perot Film of Poled Electro-Optical Polymer”, Chin. Phys. Lett., Vol.18, No.6, 782-784, 2001.
35. 陈开鑫, 衣茂斌, 张大明, 侯阿临, “基于F-P腔的极化聚合物薄膜的纵向电光调制”, 物理学报, Vol.49, No.8,, 1611-1614,2000
36. Gao Jin-yue, Yang Su-hui, Wang Dong, Guo Xiu-zhen, Chen Kai-xin, Jiang Yun and Zhao Bin.“Electromagnetically Induced Two-Photon Transparency in Sodium Vapor”, Physical Review Vol.61, 023401 2000.
The Last Update Time : ..