Doctoral Supervisor Master Tutor
Education Level:With Certificate of Graduation for Doctorate Study
Status:On the job
Honors and Titles:
Yongqi Fu was born in P.R. China. He received his BE, MS(Eng), and PhD in mechanical engineering from Jilin University, Changchun Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, and the Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1988, 1994, and 1996, respectively. He worked in the State Key Laboratory of Applied Optics from 1996 to 1998 as a postdoctoral fellow. He then worked in the Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology (PEN) Center as a research fellow from August 1998 to September 2007. He is the leader of the FIB Group in PEN Center. Currently, he works in School of Physical Electronics, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China as professor in nanophotonics. His current research direction is micro/nanofabrication, applications of FIB in microelectronics/ semiconductors, nano-photonics, MOEMS/NOEMS, micro/nano-optics, fiber optics, optical measurement/nanometrology, and optical system instrumentation. He is the first author of more than 150 referred journal papers.
Research achievements are mainly concentrated on the following aspects:
Research achievements are mainly concentrated on the following aspects:
1) Design, fabrication and characterization of nanophotonic devices;
He put forth two types of novel superlenses realizing spatial resolution beyond diffraction limit. They can be easily fabricated using focused ion beam directly milling technique. Corresponding optical characterization was carried out using NSOM (Multiview 2000TS from Nanonics Corp.).
2) SPP/LSPR immunoassay;
Firstly put forth design and fabrication of rhombic Ag nanoparticle array for LSPR immunoassay. The nanoparticles were successfully applied to in vitro detection of ADDL and SEB.
3) Photonic devices integration;
He created a novelty technique realizing integration of photonic devices and micro-optical element by means of focused ion beam directly deposition. A practical approach was provided for the purpose of realization of compactness and miniaturization of optical systems.
4) Fabrication technology of micro-optical elements by means of surface machining technology and focused ion beam (FIB) technology;
5) Nanophotonic devices-based nanometrology system;
An optical superlens-based system was designed to realize nano-defects online dynamic inspection. It can break the bottleneck of nanodefects online inspection which limits further development of current mini-hard-disk. The technology is being filed a US patent and published now.
6) Design and develop of hybrid optical systems for remote sensing.
He has taken a leading research in FIB-related micro-/nano-optics, and nanophotonics (as evidenced by his publications and book citations). He firstly applied FIB technology in micro-optics area, and put forth one-step fabrication of micro-optical elements by use of focused ion beam direct milling and deposition functions. The novel techniques generated a breakthrough for localized integration of micro-optical elements with micro-devices and components which is difficult to be realized by conventional fabrication technology. A new approach is provided for integration and miniaturization of micro-optical systems. They are reflected in the following six aspects:
(1) It is first time to bring focused ion beam direct milling and deposition techniques into the field of diffractive optics and micro-optics. A new application area of FIB was created.
(2) A novel FIB-based micromachining method was put forth for manufacturing three-dimensional symmetric structures.
(3) On the basis of self-organized formation mechanism, a new approach was created for micromachining of one-dimensional diffractive structures via FIB.
(4) Creating quasi-direct FIB writing method for fabrication of diffractive structures. It is a technique of user computer programming free.
(5) Realizing integration of micro-optical elements with photonics devices/components (e.g., optical fiber, and laser diodes) via FIB direct writing and deposition.
(6) Creating a novel approach for nanostructuring of slanted nanopillar arrays and nanopore arrays.
He developed a novel light-weight and small volume diffractive-refractive optical system for space remote sensing, and solved one of crucial technical problem for R&D of small satellites. High imaging resolution of 1 m can be reached at the position of elliptical orbit of satellite with maximum distance (long axis) of 270 km away from earth. It has already been used in small satellite for remote sensing.
More recently, he has dedicated to design, nanofabrication, and characterization of plasmonic structures, which is hopefully, to be used as a novel optical probe with resolution of subwavelength and even below as well as micron scale working distance for nanometrology systems, e.g., dynamic online inspection systems for mini. hard-disk and wafer nanodefects.He has published more than 160 peer-reviewed English journal papers with high impact factors. SCI citation hits him over 1600 times with h-index of 23. His papers cover many fields such as nano-optics, plasmonics, nanophotonic devices, nanofabrication, nanostructuring, diffractive optics and micro-optics, photonics, precision engineering, and opto-electronics. He authored and co-authored 7 books and book chapters. His research results were selected and republished in the following books and magazines:
l Cited by Robert G. Hunsperger in DELAWARE University in France, into his edited textbook, Integrated Optics: Theory and Technology (5th Edition, Section 19.5, pp. 263-264).
l His nanofabrication related results were excerpted in the chapter of Focused Ion Beam Technology in Exploring Nanotechnology (multimedia version).
In addition, he is also one of reviewer of this chapter. In addition, he authored one of chapters, Focused Ion Beam for Nano-optics, in Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (2nd Edition) which will be published by American Scientific Publisher in 2010.
l Republished as excellent works in magazines of Laser Focus World and Innovation, through which opening to industries.
Currently, he is Senior Editor, associate editor, and Editorial Board Member of three international journals: Physics Express, Quantum Matters, and Journal of Electromagnetic Field Analysis, respectively, due to his accomplishment.
Other Contact Information:
长春理工大学 | 精密仪器 | Master's Degree
中国科学院长春光机所 | 光学工程 | Doctoral Degree
吉林大学 | 农业机械 | Bachelor's Degree
微细加工光学技术国家重点实验室 | 中国科学院光电技术研究所 | 微细加工光学技术国家重点实验室 | 研究员
精密工程与纳米技术中心 | Nanyang Technological University | 精密工程与纳米技术中心 | 研究院 | 研究院
新加坡南洋理工大学 (Nanyang Technological University, 简称NTU) 精密工程与纳米技术中心 (简称PEN Center) 作研究员，主要从事微光学元件的设计、制作与复制、光电子器件与微光学元件的集成、以及聚焦离子束技术在纳米加工和微电子芯片故障诊断分析中的应用。
应用光学国家重点实验室 | 博士后
东风电机厂 | 助理工程师
电子科技大学 | 教授 | 教授
2. 国际学术刊物Physics Express高级主编（Senior Editor），任期2011-2016年；
3. 国际学术刊物Quantum Matter副主编，任期2011-2016年；
4. 国际学术刊物Journal of Electromagnetic Field Analyses and Applications编委，任期2010-2012年；
8. 加拿大University of British Columbia访问教授，2010年7月-2011年3月；
10. 美国科学出版社多媒体教程Exploring of Nanotechnology 聚焦粒子束章节内容评审人及撰稿人；